Estraval depot is a steroid hormone produced by the ovaries which are responsible for secondary sexual characteristics in females, such as the development of breast and also the regulation of the menstrual cycle.
What is an Estraval Depot Injection?
Estraval depot injection (Generic Progynon Depot) is primarily given as a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in order to substitute any lack of oestrogen production by ovaries. It is usually advised during menopause or after surgical removal of ovaries to reduce the menopausal symptoms occurring by estrogen deficiency. It is also used in men for the treatment of prostate cancer.
Components and mechanism of action (How does it work?)
Estraval 10mg depot injection contains oestradiol valerate in a sterile oil solution. It is a long-acting estrogen preparation for intramuscular injection. Oestradiol acts as a precursor for 17β-oestradiol, which is a natural form of the female hormone estrogen. It acts on certain estrogen-receptor cells and thereby is responsible for maintaining secondary sexual characteristics in females. The vehicle oil base (peanut oil/arachis oil) aids in treating the manifestations of menopause.
Estraval depot injection uses are as follows
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to reduce menopausal symptoms like night sweats, hot flushes, vaginal dryness, sleeplessness, restlessness, mood swings, headache, lethargy and lack of concentration. It is used to substitute for lack of estrogen during menopause or following surgical removal of ovaries.
- Prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis (bone loss) and thereby reduce the fracture risk.
- In case of advanced androgen-dependent prostate cancer, for symptomatic relief.
- As a part of transgender hormone treatment for male-to-female transsexuals, in order to stimulate the female secondary sexual characteristics. Oestradiol valerate gets converted into 17β-oestradiol, which is responsible for feminization in male-to-female transsexuals as a significant part of their sexual orientation reassignment program. Oestradiol promotes the development of female secondary sexual characteristics such as breast enlargement and metabolic changes through fat redistribution into feminine shape, as well as counters the effects of testosterone.
Directions to use
This medication is available in a 1ml vial containing 10mg oestradiol valerate. A syringe with 2cc(ml) capacity is attached to a 22-gauge needle and loaded with the contents of the vial. It is then injected with sterile precautions into the muscle (preferably at the upper outer area of gluteal muscles). The hormone blended with an oil base forms a depot within the injected muscle which allows for gradual release and absorption into the bloodstream.
The dosage is based on the medical condition as well as the treatment response, according to the physician’s prescription. The usual dose given is one vial injected regularly every 4 weeks. In the case of prostate cancer, this medication is given every 1 to 2 weeks. The treatment duration may last for several months.
If a dose is missed, then it can be taken as soon as remembered.If a missed dose is recalled during the time of the next dose, then it can be skipped. Avoid taking double doses. If there are too many missed doses, then the physician must be consulted for changes in the dosing schedule or a new schedule.
Overdose may cause nausea, vomiting and vaginal bleeding. One must seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
estraval depot injection Vials are stored within their box until used, at room temperature (25°C). Avoid direct sunlight and moisture, and do not refrigerate. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of the item after usage.
Following side effects may occasionally occur with Estraval depot injections. One should consult the doctor if any serious side-effects occur.
- swelling of hands and feet
- yellow skin and eyes
- dark coloured urine
- lumps in the breast, with/without pain
- persistent nausea and vomiting
- unusual bleeding from the vagina (such as breakthrough bleeding or spotting, recurrent/prolonged bleeding)
- increased itching, irritation, odour or discharge from vagina
- mood changes
- coughing up blood
- chest pain radiating to jaw/left arm
- severe abdomen pain
- rashes with/without itching
- increased thirst and urination
- breathing difficulty
- slurred speech
- sudden or severe headache
- sudden vision changes
- abnormal sensation or weakness over arms or legs
- insomnia (lack of sleep)
- changes in liver function (at high doses)
- increased risk of dementia in older people
Long-term HRT is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer, endometrial cancer, and thromboembolic events (deep vein thrombosis and stroke). In women of reproductive potential, the risk of endometrial cancer can be reduced by adding progestogen in every cycle regularly.
it is not advisable to use estaval depot during pregnancy but if you are suffering from infertility than you can use HCG for sale USA like ovidac 5000 Injection that 100% cure infertility problem in women
Warnings and precautions
Before using estraval depot injection, a detailed medical history should be revealed to the physician. This drug is not advisable in the following conditions:
- family or past history of breast cancer, endometrial cancer or liver disease.
- history of allergy to oestradiol valerate or any other drugs
- history of thromboembolic events like deep venous thrombosis, cerebrovascular accidents (stroke).
- abnormal vaginal bleeding of unknown cause
- currently pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- taking other medications which may interact with oestradiol valerate: such as, anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, phenytoin, barbiturates), rifampicin, rifabutin, and penicillin.
- Diabetic on insulin or antidiabetic drugs should consult a physician as Estraval may affect glucose tolerance.
- smoking and tobacco intake may increase the risk of thromboembolic (blood clotting) events.
- special precautions are needed if the patient would be confined to bed/chair for a long time, such as undergoing surgery or a long plane flight. Taking estrogen during such situations may cause an increased risk for thromboembolic events.
- This medication may cause dark pigmentation over the face and skin (melasma), which can be worsened by exposure to sunlight. Hence, limit the sun exposure and use sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors. Sunlamps and tanning booths are better avoided.
- Those who wear contact lenses may develop vision problems, and they need to consult an eye doctor immediately.
- This drug may affect lactation and be passed into breast milk; hence physician consultation is required before breastfeeding.
- there is increased sensitivity to side-effects of this drug in children and their growth and development may be affected. Hence, the child’s growth is periodically monitored.
Where to buy Estradiol Valerate Injection online?
you can purchase estradiol valerate injection online from a most trusted website called a generic island because it’s the oldest website and has more than 10000+ 5 star review from the USA, UK, Canada, Japan, France patient.
Why buy Estraval Depot Injection from Generic Island?
The generic island is NABP (National Association of Boards of Pharmacy), VIPPS, CIPA, MIPA approved online pharmacy so you can shop it with credit card/debit card and you will get 100% original product with prescription within 7-12 days at your doorstep.