What is Puretrig IU Injection?
To promote the production of sex hormones, medical practitioners have come up with a drug called “Puretrig” that injects ‘Chorionic gonadotropin,’ a hormone that belongs to the family of “gonadotropins.” It is responsible for stimulating spermatogenesis or sperm production in males and ovulation in females. it’s also used in the treatment of infertility in women.
When is prescribed?
Puretrig is generally prescribed to kids with the following disorders:
- Cryptorchidism: Failure of testicle descent
- Inadequate functionality of testicular vesicles
- It is prescribed to males who are diagnosed with:
- Spermatozoa deficit or a lower count of it
- Reduced sperm mobility or Male hypogonadism
- It is prescribed to females who are detected with the following complications:
- Menstruation gap in between menarche and menopause
- Incomplete development of the ovary
- Recurrent abortions (in pregnant women)
- Lack of oocytes (anovulatory) leading to fertility problems
- Lack of egg production (oogenesis deficiency)
How Does It Work?
Puretrig is generally recommended to men who tend to suffer from a specific hormonal deficit in their bodies. It is even advised to women who fail to conceive due to hormonal imbalances much before they have undergone menopause. Puretrig primarily stimulates and promotes the functionality of testis in males and ovaries in females.
It is said that the effect of this medicine on an individual’s body is dependent on the intended use of the drug. However, the peak concentration of it usually occurs somewhere between 6-10 hours post the application of this intramuscular injection.
How to use it?
It is usually recommended to take the injection only under the supervision of a medical practitioner or a healthcare professional. Doctors generally recommend undergoing gonadotropin tests to detect your hormone levels. Only after they are aware of your complications or deficiencies, you will be prescribed with Puretrig. The intake of medicine will consequently interfere with your hormone levels. Thus, do not self-administer and go through regular check-ups to avoid any crisis.
What is the dosage of HCG Injection?
Based on the degree of your complication and hormonal level, the doctor would prescribe your dosage and frequency of this HCG injection. Thus, you must not try administering the process by yourself. Instead, take the assistance of your doctor as that would be the best possible way to resolve your trouble.
It is always advisable to consult your doctor if you forget a dose. It is certainly recommended to restrict self-administration. Even if you have missed a dose, the medical practitioner would be the best one to suggest you about the aftermath.
Although an overdose of Puretrig won’t cause you life-threatening issues, you must still consider going to emergency assistance from a medical practitioner if you suspect an overdose.
What are the side effects?
Some of the common side effects caused due to Puretrig injection include:
- Site pain
In case any of these issues bother you, it is important to call up the doctor. If diagnosed properly, the effects can be reduced, and you will be able to get back to your usual self quickly.
Minor side effect
Among the side effects, here are a few minor complications that you
- Deepening of the voice
Major side effect
These are a few major side effects that could occur:
- Rapid weight gain
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal pain
What Precautions need to be taken care?
There are certain things that you need to take care of before you actually start the treatment:
- Hypertrophy or pituitary tumour
- Cancer of the ovary
- Any disease that restricts pregnancy in females or males (Tubal occlusion, Ovarian or testicular failure, Early menopause, Uterus related complications)
- Prostrate or testicles or any other tumour that is dependent on male hormones or androgen-dependent
- Any vein-related inflammation or blood clots
- Go through regular check-ups before and after you start with the medication
- Consultation of a healthcare professional is mandatory
- Side effects (if any) should be reported as soon as possible without a failure
In case you are acquainted with any of the listed health conditions, it is important to inform the doctor about the same for you may need a dose adjustment or any sort of precautions for the sake of safe usage.
- Premature puberty
- Ovarian cyst
- Uterine bleeding
- Heart disease
- Kidney complications
- Thyroid or adrenal gland disorder
- Breast tumour
- Tumour in prostate, hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and uterus.
When Not to Use?
Avoid using Puretrig drug if you have any former history of allergic reactions caused due to gonadotropic drugs. Girls with precocious puberty and males suspected of prostate cancer should stay away.